- 2 plus 2/3 cup Organic Rolled Oats
- ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- ¼ cup Pure Maple Syrup (Can Substitute for Honey)
- 1 cup Organic 42% Cacao (or More) Chocolate Chips
- 1 scoop Vanilla or Cake Batter Protein Powder (Can Substitute for ½ cup Whole Wheat Flour)
- 5 tbsp Powdered Peanut Butter (I used Peanut Butter & Co. Vanilla)
- 2 Medium Bananas (I mean, it’s wet, its dry…we’ll put it in the “wet ingredient category” for the sake of this recipe)
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Egg Whites (or Whites from 2 Large Eggs)
- ¼ cup Organic Coconut Oil (Melted)
- Cooking Spray (I used Organic Coconut Oil Spray)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mash bananas in a large bowl. Add in all other wet ingredients and blend thoroughly, until smooth. This works best if you have a whisk or electric mixer. (I don’t, so I just used a spoon. With a spoon, it still had banana chunks in it but it tasted amazing and you couldn’t tell the difference once you mixed it with the other ingredients.)
- In a separate bowl, blend all dry ingredients until well-blended.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until the dry ingredients are completely covered.
All blended ingredients ready for baking!
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray. Spoon mixture evenly into muffin compartments. Recipe makes about 14 muffins. Bake for 35 minutes or until tops are brown.
Editor’s Note: These are great for taking on the go. You put them in a baggie and freeze them to enjoy them for weeks. The only thing I would change for next time is that I would add some walnuts to them. Try these with ½ to 1 cup of walnuts if you’re like me and love banana nut everything.
Serving Size: 1 Muffin
Calories: 189 cal, Protein: 7g, Fat: 8g, Carbohydrates: 25g, Dietary Fiber: 3g, Sugars: 10g