Okay, so maybe you’ve never considered pumpkin as a primary ingredient in your DIY all-natural face masks, but I’ll tell you why you should!
Pumpkin is jam-packed with vitamins and minerals like vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin E, and zinc. Like its orange relatives such as carrots and sweet potatoes, pumpkin also is rich is carotenoids. Carotenoids are not only converted to additional Vitamin A by the body, but they act as antioxidants that help to keep skin cells healthy and protect them from the sun’s harmful UV rays. When applied to the skin, pumpkin is also a natural exfoliant and helps to calm breakouts by soothing irritation and redness.
The best part – all you need are 3 every-day ingredients to brighten your skin!
…and when it comes to price, this DIY facial mask beats those masks that you find in store. Here are the instructions for this exfoliating facial mask.
Ingredients (Makes one mask):
2 Tbsp organic canned pumpkin puree
1/2 tsp organic honey
1/2 tsp milk (You can use soy or almond milk instead of cow’s milk/skim milk)
- Start with a clean face. Remove makeup and wash your face with your regular cleanser.
- Combine pumpkin puree, honey, and milk in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Apply mask to face and neck using your fingers or a medium-sized makeup brush. Avoid getting the mask too close to the eyes.
- Allow mask to set until dried, about 20 minutes.
- Gently wash off mask with a warm water.
- Be sure to moisturize face with a facial moisturizer.
Note: You can also use a fresh pumpkin instead of pumpkin puree. Simply remove the insides from the pumpkin, take out the seeds, and mash together with honey and milk for mask.
Would you still rather buy a ready-to-use mask? If so, make sure you go natural! Try this one from Andalou Naturals:
Andalou Naturals Non-GMO Pumpkin Honey Glycolic Mask.