(recipe and image courtesy of Dickinson’s Country Pumpkin Butter)
- 1 cup pure canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream divided
- 1 (9-inch) pie shell unbaked
- 1 (9 oz.) jar Dickinson’s® Country Pumpkin Butter
- Frozen whipped topping thawed
- Ground nutmeg
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Mix pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and eggs in large bowl. Blend well. Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to mixture and blend. Pour into pie shell. Bake 40 minutes. Allow pie to cool.
- BEAT remaining 1/2 cup cream and spread on cooled pie. Spread pumpkin butter over whipped cream and chill. Garnish with whipped topping, nutmeg and mint leaves, if desired.
Yield: 8 servings